WHAT WE DO
The Rutgers Leadership Academy is a full-service operation when it comes to career planning. At your first meeting with either of us – Shawn or Sheryl – we will have an easy, down-to-earth conversation about your interests, goals, and any career ideas you may already be considering. (This is the fun part, because it’s all about you!)
From there, we will work with you to map out an individualized plan of action, which may include:
- Taking an interest test
- Building a résumé
- Writing a cover letter
- Creating your profiles on CareerKnight and LinkedIn
- Identifying opportunities for networking, shadowing or informational interviews
- Looking at career fairs and career panels
- Scheduling a mock interview
- Applying for internships and jobs.
There may be a lot to cover, but with a plan in place, everything will be easier to manage. Just contact us (email, text, phone, or drop by the office) and we will get started!
YOUR #1 JOB SOURCE
Use this website and the job page as your first stop when you’re job-hunting online. Here’s why:
- Employers who specifically want to hire student-athletes are posting their jobs/internships here. These companies want someone with your skill set on their staff (like time management, winning attitude, team player, coachability, able to handle pressure.)
- We are highlighting jobs and internships that we think might be of interest to you. We will post opportunities for all majors, all industries.
- You can access your go-to career resources right from this page: CareerKnight, Indeed.com, and the NCAA’s job board.
If you’d like to post a job here, please email Sheryl Spain (email@example.com). If you’d like to learn more about Rutgers Career Services, including on-campus recruiting, use the link below.